Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Should we get a referral to an encrinologist if my 20 year

Customer Question

Should we get a referral to an encrinologist if my 20 year old daughter who suffers depression anxiety and fatigue has just had a thyroid function test done showing TSH .72, T3 3.5 and T4 13.2 our GP says it's not necessary as nothing is abnormal
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David
TSH of 0.72 is normal and her thyroid hormone levels look normal.
is she on medications for depression and anxiety? many of the SSRI agents can cause fatigue
what medications is she on?
she might benefit from regular exercise which can help fatigue and also anxiety and depression
low B12, low iron, low ferritin, low vitamin D levels can also cause fatigue. have these levels been checked?
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com