DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
55099014

I am extremely concerned about my 56 year old mother who has

I am extremely concerned about my 56 year old mother who has just checked her sugar levels. The blood sugar reading is showing as 30+She has not been diagnosed with diabetes and her sugar levels have always been normal in the past.
On Saturday night my stepdad (who is a diabetic), checked her sugar levels as she was showing some symptoms that he is familiar with, i.e. dizzy, extremely thirsty and needing to use the toilet more frequently than usual; my mothers sugar levels at that time showed 12. He then checked it again on Sunday morning and it was 8. Tonight it is showing as 31.My mother has promised to see her GP in the morning, but I believe she should visit an A&E doctor tonight.Any advice or suggestions will be much appreciated.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThis is an emergencyIt cannot wait until the GPShe needs to go to A and E