Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

My daughter who is 21 has had problems over the last 5 years wi

Customer Question

My daughter who is 21 has had problems over the last 5 years with anxiety and in the last few weeks woke up one morning and had problems with her eyes. Both were out of focus , but one eye had a parial vision issue in the middle of her sight. The focu has improvred but the vision issued remained. She had her period the day after this incidend and it will be due soon. We have had her at eye specialist who feel it may have been caused by a virus , but we feel it could be hormonal based. Any advise ? Robert
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloFirst, the eye specialist must be an opthalmologist.This is not typical of a hormonal problem unless it is hyperthyroid, which can easily be be tested for.A brain problem [seziure] is another possibility.All of this can be ruled out. She should first see her medical doctor.Maker sure she getsall routine labsurinalysisthyroid studiesneurological exam OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.