wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have had a strange tightening sensation round my rib cage

Customer Question

I have had a strange tightening sensation round my rib cage for the past week or so , it is not painful, just uncomfortable, it comes and goes and isn't there at all when laying down in bed. I thought it was digestive so took antacid pills but it made no difference.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
ello,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Are you short of breath at all?Do you have any other pains?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
This could be a sign of any number of medical problems.At this point the best thing to do is see you primary care MD for a full examination.I would not continue to deal with this on your own at home.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS