Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have a blood test coming up to check my thyroid function

Customer Question

I have a blood test coming up to check my thyroid function but I have missed a significant amount of doses im afraid to tell my doctor
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
ello,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidif you don't tell your doctor, they can't properly recommend the right dose for you thyroid hormone.do you have hypothyroidism?if you haven't been taking the thyroid hormone, it will show up in your blood test that you are hypothyroid.this can cause you to gain weight and feel cold.have you gained weight recently?