Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

There,I have just had some hormone test results back

Hi there,I have just had some hormone test results back and am low on SHBG and VERY low on progesterone. What could this mean please? I have also had an abdominal ultrasound which came back normalMany thanks.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know what your symptoms are and why this particular test was done in the first place?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again.The tests were done because I've been having extremely heavy periods and spotting between them.I also have hirsutism and fatigue.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Since how long are you having these symptoms?Have you had your thyroid and cortisol levels checked?Have you had prolactin levels checked?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm on fluoxetine and aripiprazole for bipolar and iron tablets and folic acid tablets as the gp also found these levels to be low.I'm not sure what else has been tested yet I'm afraid, I'm waiting for an appointment next weekI have a lot of general aches and pains, and very dry skin especially on the face
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been having these symptoms about 18 months
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
With a very dry skin you must have your thyroid hormones tested along with the other hormones that I mentioned.I think those could be the cause of your low hormones that you are having.You certainly do require further testing to rule out all these hormonal problems.I personally think that you are having a hormonal problem that is causing your symptoms.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards