Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

There , over the past year I've been having some issues

Hi there , over the past year I've been having some issues where randomly for about a weeks time , after I have gone to the toilet - i need to go again? Even if I don't actually have to, I have the need ? It always happens at night and I was wondering if it has anything to do with my diet or something although I eat a pretty balanced diet. I would really appreciate some helpful advise on how to stop it because it's really horrible. Thank you
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to continue waiting for an answer- although I did pay for it to come soon so please answer as soon as possible thank you !
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.How is your stool? Is it loose?Any other medical problems?On any medications for anything?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is normal. I often have swollen glands and taht is the only problem I would say I have. I am not on any medication.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.Does it ever wake you up from your sleep?Do you have cramping or pain in your tummy?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain in my tummy at the same time. No it doesn't wake me up.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Are you a laid back type of a person or an anxious type?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very laid back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't stress much at all, thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.I think that in your case the possibility of irritable bowel syndrome must be considered and ruled out as your symptoms are typical of IBS in that you have to go to the washroom time and again and the most characteristic feature is that these symptoms do not bother you when you are asleep.I am giving you a link that gives details on how to go about managing your condition by yourself.http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome/basics/treatment/con-20024578If you have anymore questions do let me know.I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Will it ever leave?