Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I'm worried that I have undiagnosed hypothyroidism. I was diagnos

Customer Question

I'm worried that I have undiagnosed hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome over 3 years ago after all tests came back negative but 6 months ago I tested borderline low thyroid and am having another blood test next week. This was for the hospital rheumatologist and my results are not with my GP. I visited my GP this week to discuss my IBS and pointed out that additionally I am extremely fatigued and that my mum, aunt and grandfather have hypothyroid conditions but he dismissed it as thyroid tests in the past have resulted negative. I have looked at the symptoms and I suffer aches and pain, extreme fatigue so bad I haven't worked in over 3 years, I'm always freezing cold particularly hands feet and face my hair is thinning and my nails are brittle and I just feel ill all the time. I'm worried that it took 6 months to find out I was borderline low thyroid and worried that my bloods will come back negative again why I have read that there are differing tests for thyroid and also different ranges for what is classed as low. I'm considering taking a herbal thyroid tablet if it comes back negative just to see if it makes a difference.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know what the level of your TSH is on your blood reports?Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I am looking forward to your response.