DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
55099014

Week ago I found out that my thyroid is getting bigger ,actually

Customer Question

Week ago I found out that my thyroid is getting bigger ,actually you can see that on my neck so I just called to my gp to make an appointment with my doctor but he just send me to make a thyroid function test to the hospital. He's going to call me back about the results only on Friday. I'm really scared to wait because I feel discomfort. He's not even checked my neck. I don't know what to do. I've to wait or just ask help somewhere else. Thank you
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionany family history of thyroid disease?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mum got the problems with the thyroid as well but it didn't came out on the neck that you can see that. I don't really know how its works . she doesn't even taking the medicine as I know because its not that bad.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
This is probably a goiterThis happens when the thyroid isn't making thyroid hormone and the brains signals it to enlargeThis is easily correct with medicine in most cases