DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Endocrinology Expert
55099014

I sent in medical question on 9th sept. My time on the

I sent in medical question on 9th sept. My time on the library computer ran out. I paid for the consultation. A Dr Phil wanted me to ring but I didn't have time and didn't take down the number. Is there any chance of my retrieving that consultation?It was about headaches and hypoglycaemic type symptoms. Regards
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Phil here.

can you repeat your question here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I started with sudden feelings of hypoglycaemia, headache,sweating,shaking,nausea and felt as though I was about to pass out june 25th this year.This was resolved by sugar followed by longer acting carbohydrate. They have continued though less severe.A random blood sugar was 8.8mmols/l. Along with these symptoms (which I don't always get all at the same time),I sometimes have instability when waking. I get a sudden surge of headache on top of the baseline headache I have had for c. 3months now.One dr thinks I may have a neuroendocrine tumour. I saw an endocrinologist and had 3 consecutive fasting glucose tests. The GP has had no indication as to the cause yet. I saw the GP this morning and have been referred to neurology.There doesn't sem to be any pattern to the symptoms and they can come ad hoc.I even had trouble with balance during the night last night along with severe headache. I have felt hung over for the past week.I never drink alcohol and have never smoked.
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

do you take any meds?

was thyroid and anemia ruled out?

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.

just click send to reply

DocPhilMD, Medical Doctor
Experience: Endocrinology Expert