Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had to take testosterone replacement therapy for many

I have had to take testosterone replacement therapy for many years, and have always been told my levels are normal. I have always been told the ranges involved are from 10 [low] to maximum 30 [high]
I have now discovered my results for the last 5 years to be 36, 56, 66, 68, and this year 45. Are these levels dangerous as my GP doesn't seem to be concerned ????
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

These levels are a bit on the higher side but are not dangerous.

The one thing that we are always concerned about is that high levels of testosterone cause low levels of another hormone that is called as LH and FSH. This inturn can cause one to have shinkage of the testes, which is what I would be be careful about.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr. SH, Physician
Experience: Doctor of Medicine