Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ON

Customer Question

ARE YOU ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ON HYPERPROLACTINEMIA FROM ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGS THAT RAISE PROLACTIN LEVELS BY TARGETING THE D2 RECEPTOR BY BLOCKING THE LEVEL OF DOPAMINE. CAN YOU ADVISE OF THE LONG TERM ADVERSE EFFECTS OF THIS ENDOCRINE DYSFUNCTION FROM A PERIOD OF 4YEARS.ARE YOU ABLE TO ADVISE OF ANY RESEARCH THAT HAS BEEN DONE BY THE DRUG COMPANIES MAKING THESE DRUGS AND IS THERE A RISK OF BREAST CANCER FROM THIS ELEVATED PROLACTIN LEVEL. QUITE A NUMBER OF STUDIES AND ARTICLES ARE ON THE INTERNET SUGGESTING THAT BREAST CANCER CAN BE RELATED TO ANTIPSYCHOTIC DRUGS.
MANY THANKS Louise
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

I can help

Do you have any other medical issues?