Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have haemochromatosis, which has caused severe liver

Customer Question

I have haemochromatosis, which has caused severe liver damage, ( I have all of the symptoms of being an alcoholic but not being one.) I have diabetes also, Insulin controlled, and have discoloration on both shins. Over the last couple of days a boil has appeared on the side of my left leg within the discoloration which appears to be growing and more painful. How do I go forward with this. My wife, a H grade nurse, is loathe to lance it as I have a greater risk of an ulcer forming and possibly losing my lower left leg.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 12 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 12 months ago.

Can you please post a picture here for me to see so that I can give you a better opinion.