wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid about 6 years

Customer Question

Hi I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid about 6 years ago and I'm currently on 75mg a day my bloods always come back with in the normal range they say but I've never really felt myself at all, I'm still experiencing depression, weight gain, my hairs still falling out, I'm cold all the time, mood swings up and down plus I get an ache in my neck all the time, my GP doesn't seem to want to do anymore bloods but I've heard that you can have free T3 and T4 plus TSH levels or something, I want to know if I should be feeling like like after 6 years
My GP also wants to give me anti-depressants but I want my thyroid properly checking out before I take other medication, can you advise what to do please, Thankyou Kerry
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 10 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How old are you?

M/F?

Can you upload your most recent thyroid function test results?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.