Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

My symptoms are hair loss, no libido, mild acne on my face

Customer Question

Hello. My symptoms are hair loss, no libido, mild acne on my face and neck, swollen and painful breasts for a week before menstruation, longer periods and general tiredness. A kinaesiologist told me over a year ago that my body was not effectively breaking down oestrogen, although a blood test through my GP at that time didn't indicate any abnormalities. I took Indole-3-Carbinole and a few other supplements recommended by the kinaesiologist for this and for digestive problems and recurring diarreah and my symptoms decreased as a result. Now seven months later my symptoms have returned and worsened. Apparently the oestrogen blood and saliva tests are unreliable. Could you please help?
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Specifically I'd like to know whether you recommend Indole 3 Carbinole supplements for my situation, whether there is any reliable way to test whether my body is not efficiently breaking down excess oestrogen and what else you would recommend to identify and resolve the root cause of my symptoms. Thank you
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 11 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you need iron levels and ferritin levels and total iron binding capacity testing to see. longer periods can cause loss of blood and low iron levels and fatigue

you need your blood thyroid hormone levels checked.

you should be checked for polycystic ovarian syndrome. some women's ovaries make too much androgens which can cause cane and facial hair growth.

it is often normal to have sore and painful breast 1 week before your period.

are you willing to see a conventional medical doctor to have these tests done?