Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

My wife is told by her medical attendant that she has

Customer Question

My wife is told by her medical attendant that she has severely swollen lumbar lymph glands. The GP says there are no lymph glands at the base of the spine. A referral has been made to "Rheumatology" at hospitals in Glos, and X-Ray is envisaged. But while the wait continues, the pain increases. Her family have a history of Bowel and other cancer, and a friend recently died after cancer was discovered late in the lymph glands. The GP is not in a hurry and has in the past misdiagnosed cancer in another patient who has now died. What should my wife do, please?
Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries, but the condition has grown over the last 9 months.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She has a rare blood condition, Thrombocyopoenia. Otherwise pretty healthy.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What is your concern regarding this? Have you considered consulting a private GP?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My question refers to the conflict between the views of medical attendant and GP. What we need is a view of the possible condition and a reference to a specialist, please.

Dear customer,
Thank you for replying.
I'll open your question to other Experts so that they can help you with this issue. Please wait for another expert to reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like your preliminary thoughts by email/web please.