Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

I have had a total Thyroidectomy due to papilary cancer and

Customer Question

I have had a total Thyroidectomy due to papilary cancer and I have a 'non remarkable'adenoma on my adrenal gland. These were discovered in 2013. I am on life long monitoring for my Thyroid but I have not been able to resolve the extreme tiredness I am experiencing. For the past few weeks I have been noticing that I am very giddy in the morning hungry and feeling nausea. I generally don't feel myself.lack of energy and weakness. despite having fruit for breakfast it made me feel worse until I ate a packet of salty crisps then seemed to feel much better. I have always had low blood pressure but at 56 it remains around 50. I have had so many tests but nothing seems to pin point the problem.
Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: I felt the extreme tiredness in about 2011 before the cancer was detected( I was a research patient). I have been struggling with energy levels for a long time but despite telling the consultants at the Royal Marsden and the endocrinologists at Chelsea and Westminster (who have since discharged me). I think they just don't know.In the morning I feel very hot and shaky I have blurred vision as well which I put down to old age. But it all seems to have come on suddenly. I had a very bad bought of viruses last winter and was poorly for about 3 months. Finally my doctor gave me a corteisone type drug. I felt brilliant. I also don't cope very well with stress these days. Even the smallest of problems I seem to run away from.
Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: This has all been getting me down which is unusual for me as I usually try to sort things out myself. I am also finding it very difficult to lose weight.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 2 months ago.

When were you last examined by your doctor?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.