Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I’ve got a underactive thyroid plus hashimotos I’m on 100mg

Customer Question

Hi I’ve got a underactive thyroid plus hashimotos I’m on 100mg of Levothyroxine iv gain over 4 stone in weight I’m always tried with no energy and no will for life iv had blood test and all my doctors says is I’m within the correct range but surely what right for one person might not be the same for someone else I would like a second opinion but where would I go to get that
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.
What is your tsh level
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don’t know this my doctor is very matter of fact just saying oh your levels are within the range so your fine what your taking and any time I’ve mentioned my t3 or t4 she just says it’s in the range and that’s all I get
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.
I am sorry but I cannot help you much if you dont even know your results. You wont be able to get a second opinion from another Dr without knowing the results either. I would suggest going in person and requesting an actual copy of the lab result. The tsh should be 0.3 to 3.0. That is the normal range