Dr Adi
Dr Adi, Professor
Experience:  Director of the Pediatric Diabetes Clinics at UCSF.
56602461

What is the significance of hifgh plasma level in blood?

Customer Question

what is the significance of hifgh plasma level in blood?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Please upload your test results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I haven't got them all I know following a comprehensive blood test used to identify Lupus, the results for lupus were negative but my plasma levels were. High and I have been referred to an endocrinologist. I have hypertension which fluctuates from high 160/90 or drops to 50/44 for no apparent reason. Add to that fatigue, alopaecia was hyperthyroid n
But treated with radio active iodine and am noe euthyroid. I was surprised at the results but my letter was somewhat vague from the consultant dermatologist, I just wondered what the significance of a high plasma level means, does that mean a high court of elite platelets? I will endeavour to find out the results but that can't be done until Monday next.
Kind regards ***** *****

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Only with the results, I will be able to answer your question correctly. We need to know what is causing the raised levels in the plasma and whether this is due to increased protein levels in the plasma or another component. Please attach the results.