Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am a healthy 32 year old woman, I have seen my GP

Customer Question

Hi, i am a healthy 32 year old woman, I have seen my GP repeatedly about rapid weight gain (and sudden inability to lose it where I have not struggled in the past), excessive hair on stomach, nipples, face, chest and spots on my chin and bum. I also don’t sleep well but never have done and I suffer with anxiety. He tested me for PCOS (I have 8 cysts in my left ovary but not enough to be classed as PCOS) and I have been tested for thyroid, cortisol and diabetes all came back normals. I have had a personal trainer, I have stuck to low calorie diets and tried high protein high fat low carb diets (I do not have a problem with over eating my diet is good) but I cannot shift the weight and the hair and spots make me feel disgusting and I am so miserable every day I don’t know what to do! I am at my wits end! Please could you advise me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Oh and I also suffer with horrendous acid reflux.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You should now also have the results of my private tests for thyroid and cortisol levels attached. I understand that some ‘normal’ ranges vary and that my TSH is in the high range for this result but also is viewed as high based on other organisations definition of normal.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Your thyroid is normal. Your Dr hasn’t done any of the labs that would be useful for what you are describing. Fsh. Lh. Estradiol. Testosterone. Dhea
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** think I should go back and request those specific tests?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 month ago.
No. You cannot request specific tests. You need to get yourself to a gyn dr who knows what to do to help you.