wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I developed HELLP syndrome after the birth of my little girl

Customer Question

I developed HELLP syndrome after the birth of my little girl in 2014. It nearly took my life but thankfully I survived. This was also followed by a blood clot, 6 weeks later. I feel I have not returned to myself, as I was before this episode. In the last 18 months my b12 has dropped twice, receiving second lot of b12 jabs next week. I suffer with extreme fatigue, dizziness, confusion, memory fog. My gp suspects fibromyalgia. My questions are:
1. I have read that hellp syndrome can lead onto Sheehan sydrome. I had a short synacthen test, and results came back as normal so my gp said didn’t need to see endocrinologist. Should this have been explored further?
2. Gp doesn’t seem bothered abut looking into why my b12 keeps dropping. I did have a test for pernicious anemia 18 months ago. I’ve asked to be tested again for this but she says there is no need?
Thank you for any advice
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

I believe that your GP should refer you to an endocrinologist as he is really of of his depth with your condition.

A good exam by a specialist is the only way to make sure everything that can be done is being done, especially since your B12 is falling.

You need more complete testing and care.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS