wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

My TS3 reading used to be 3 and now is 95, I used to be on

Customer Question

My TS3 reading used to be 3 and now is 95, I used to be on 50mg of thyroxine and stopped taking it a year or so ago. I’ve now been told to start at 50mg again, is this not too low?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Endocrinology
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

It is neither too low or too high....it is just what you need for now.

In a bit your TSH will be checked and your thyroid hormone dose will be adjusted as needed.
It is not unusual for your thyroid dosage to need adjusting now and again.

It is nothing to worry about.
Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS