walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
61772417

With concerns to vehicle suspension - should the critical damping

Customer Question

With concerns to vehicle suspension - should the critical damping be worked out or spring rate k? mass of vehicle is already given - want to find the the optimal spring rate and damping rate with given values of sprung and unsprung mass.. to test over a base excited quarter car model. I know the formulae involved just confused with the order to do this...?
Category: Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.