walkereng
walkereng, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  Structural Engineer with over 30 years of experience.
61772417

write a PLC programme to control a packing system

Customer Question

Beer tins are loaded onto a conveyor belt system in an upright position, which allows them to be packed into cartons under the control of PLC.

1.1 The tin moves along the conveyor belt towards collection points beneath an identical pair of pick and place units. Alongside each unit is a second conveyor which carries empty boxes that stop when in position beneath the pick and place units.

1.2 When the first collection point in full, a pneumatic ram is operated to divert the tins into the second collection point.

1.3 Meanwhile, the first pick and place unit picks up six tins by means of suction cups, transfers them to a position over a box, lowers them into the box and then releases the vacuum.

1.4 The picking arm then returns to its home position and the full box is replaced by a new one.

The pick and place works in exactly the same way, each in turn placing the six tins in a box. This sequence is repeated continuously as long as there are tins on the conveyor.

I have more details and diagrams upon request

Category: Engineering
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i havnt received an answer and would like to keep waiting

regards lewis

Hello Lewis,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello Lewis,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You may close the question