Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I HAVE A NITROGEN GAS CYLINDER 10 LITRE WHICH IS 345

Customer Question

HELLO I HAVE A NITROGEN GAS CYLINDER 10 LITRE WHICH IS 345 BAR INPRINTED IN THE NECK OF CYLINDER BUT ON THE INVOICE IT SAYS 200 BAR I CONTACTED THE COMPANY THEY TOLD ME THAT THE 345 BAR INPRINTED AROUND THE NECK OF THE CYLINDER IS THE TEST PRESSURE BUT IT SAYS BAR 345 AROUND THE NECK THE COMPANY SAYS THE WORKING PRESSURE IS 200 BAR THEY ARE SAYING MY MAX 300 BAR INLET REGULATOR WILL WORK BUT I WANT THE TRUTH I KNOW NITROGEN GAS IS NOT FLAMMABLE OR EXPLOSIVE BUT ITS STILL CAN BE DANGEROUS PLEASE TELL ME THE TRUTH IF MY 300 BAR MAX REGULATOR WOULD WORK MANY THANKS
Category: Engineering
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
PLEASE TELL ME THE TRUTH IF YOU NEED MORE INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW I HAVE PAID FOR THIS SERVICE KIND REGARDS
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PLEASE GET SOMEONE EXPERENCED WHO KNOWS ABOUT GAS AS WITH ALL GASES IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS I NEED A CORRECT ANSWER WHICH I WILL ALSO CHECK WITH A PROFFESIONAL GAS SUPPLIER BUT I HAVE PAID YOU FOR AN ANWSER

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want an answer from a qualified gas installer its against the law to give wrong information about gas I have printed messages from just answer it a criminal offence in the uk to give wrong information about gas letters can also be handed to the police

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would need an answer its now over 4 days and you still haven't sent me an answer I need an answer from a professional gas installer if you cant give me an answer than I will have to have a refund

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how long will it take aweek or more but gas is very dangerous I need a correct answer to my question please tell me how long it will take im using the gas for a home brewing system please let me know

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'm a little unsure as to what assurance we can provide

gas bottles are rated and tested to a safe pressure that it is usually marked or stamped into the bottle

in your case 345Bar sounds like its the safe working load so 200 Bar will be fine as there's a large safety factor involved

the same is true of your 300Bar regulator as your bottle pressure is at 200Bar you're well within the safe limit
Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks mat on my one cylindrer inprinted aroiund thr neck it say pw210 ph315barr that may also help you but stamped on the middle of cylinder is stuck on with a label 200barr so im glad my 300 barr max inlet regulator will work will my cylinder we got there in the end many thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mat round neck on top of bottle inprinted is number pw210PH315BAR 02 I suppore that is the test pressure I have two bottles on the invoice its 200barr labelled with sticker it that true

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

yes the number stamped into the bottle is the tested / rated pressure and the invoice / sticker will show what pressure they've filled the bottle to

so you're safe