Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have designed a drinking fountain school project. As

I have designed a drinking fountain for a school project.
As it won't be connected to the mains water supply when being presented I need to use a pump to get water flowing through it. What would be the best option for this? Ideally to supply three faucets a metre high, through 3/8" tubing.
Category: Engineering
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello the key thing to note is is there's any gravity head to assist you as 95% of the time the water tank is in the roof of the buildinghowever if the pump has to lift up a metre then it will need to be bigger than if it was gravity fed so if you have no gravity head then you need a pump capable of lifting more than a metre to give you some cover to flow lossesand I'd look to the caravan market to provide you with suitable pumplike this one http://www.camperlands.co.uk/comet-submersible-20litre-pump-1.1bar.html