Cher
Cher, JA MENTOR - ENTERTAINMENT
Experience:  Aficionado of TV, Movies, Music, Trivia; Expert Researcher
1470369

old movie Wake of the red witch .What happened to the native

Customer Question

old movie Wake of the red witch .What happened to the native diver that dived into the pool to get the treasure chest ?
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

From the research that I've done, the native diver that went into the water to get the treasure chest, gets stuck in a giant sea shell and is rescued by the character 'Ralls' played by John Wayne. Later, Ralls dives into the octopus's den to retrieve the chest of pearls and brings it up. He then dives back into the water to kill the octopus and does so with a knife, but almost loses his life in the fight.

I hope this helped!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Cher , thanks for the answer , I tried to find the copy of the film that i had but could not , so I tried the internet and found some clips on youtube , I seen the part you mentioned about the native guy getting stuck in the clam shell . Later on thou you see another 2 native divers going hunting for the treasure ,the large octopus attacks them .One manages to escape the other you see the octopus dragging away into its den/layer what would it do with him?

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ewan, and you're most welcome.

This seems to be a copy of the entire film (it says it's an hour and forty-two minutes):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEDY9qf_g9I

I saw the scene you were referring to. They don't really show the giant octopus doing anything with the native diver it captures after dragging it into it's lair. I don't know if it actually eats it's prey or just strangles it with it's long tentacles, like it tried to do with John Wayne's character before he killed it by stabbing it repeatedly. If we were to speculate, I would imagine it would keep it's victims in the lair/den until it needed to feed and then rip off chunks of flesh from the body as it needed it.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply , have saves link on computer till i find my copy of film.if this guy was the diver that the octopus caught were would it wrap it`s tentacles ,once it had him in it`s lair were would it start to feed first ,how much would it be able to eat at one time,how would it eat the area in the trunks would it eat them to ,what would be left once it had finished.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan, and you're always most welcome!

It would first wrap it's tentacles around the belly/chest to strangle the guy and kill him, then when it brought him into it's lair, it would start to feed on the belly first and it wouldn't be able to eat too much at one time, because of the size of it's mouth. After the belly, it would eat the area in the trunks; there would be nothing left--it would eat it all, slowly, piece by piece and it would enjoy it very much. It would not eat the trunks. It's only interested in flesh.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wow ,very good reply ,would it wrap it`s body around the guys body so that it`s mantel was over the area in the small trunks and then how would it deal with them ,would it use its tentacles to work over the large meat ing the trunks and take position it in it`s mouth for eating . Many many thanks for your fabulous answers ,they really give me inspiration.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Ewan and thanks for your patience.

I'm glad you enjoyed my answers and that they are providing inspiration for your book! Laughing

Yes, it would wrap it's tentacles and then it's body around the guys body to render him helpless/kill him, and it would use it's tentacles to work over the large meat in the trunks and to position the bits in it's mouth for eating. It would use it's tentacles like many 'fingers' to get to the meat, hold it and eat it.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would the octopus try and remove the trunks before it started to feed on the guys manhood etc , or just take the lot with the aid of it`s tentacles into it`s mouth .

What all would be found in it`s lair once it had finished feeding on the guys body days/weeks later.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

Yes, the octopus would try and remove the trunks with its tentacles before it started to feed and if it got any part of the trunks into it's mouth it would spit it out.

Only bones would be found in its lair once it had finished feeding on the guy's body, days/weeks later, along with the bones of all it's other victims.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, JA MENTOR - ENTERTAINMENT
Experience: Aficionado of TV, Movies, Music, Trivia; Expert Researcher
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

Thanks very much for your excellent rating and most generous bonus; they are truly appreciated!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you are very welcome , I am sure that octopus will seek out more tasty male swimmers in tight speedos,as it will have enjoyed the very tasty meat it got out of the tight trunks . I am sure it will concider the meat in any male swimmers tight trunks as a wonderful treat to feast on first ,And become skilled in opening and removing the trunks to get at it ,Do you think as it grows it might be able to swallow that meat hole using its tongue to help swallow it. thanks once more for the great answers

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again, Ewan.

I agree, especially if many male natives dive down there, trying to bring up the pearls. It will seek out more tasty male swimmers after enjoying the tasty meat under the tight trunks, and crave more of it. I do think as time passes, it will become more adept at opening/removing the trunks to get at the meat and yes, as it grows it would be able to swallow that meat whole, using it's tongue for assistance in swallowing it.

You're most welcome for the great answers; it's always my pleasure to be of assistance to you! : )

Best regards,
Cher