danj66
danj66, Critic
Experience:  I have experience as a critic on various web-sites. I also worked with the media department extensively while at university.
76048485

FOR danj66 ONLY Hello Dan ,Hope you are well ,thanks for

Customer Question

`FOR danj66 ONLY` Hello Dan ,Hope you are well ,thanks for answering my other questions . I am thinking of adding a new scene to the movie/s Lake placid ,would you be interested in giving me some info/ansers to some questions.
Category: Entertainment
Expert:  danj66 replied 3 years ago.

danj66 :

Hi again,

danj66 :

I haven't actually seen this movie. However, if the questions are more general knowledge than about the movie itself then I'm sure I would still be able to help.

Customer:

Hello Dan ,Sorry i missed you ,Thats the problem with time zones .You probabaly know the basic plot of the film about a giant maneating crocodile in Lake placid.I was thinking of adding a new scene were the guy in the picture is water skiiing on the lake when he is attacked by the huge Crocodile.How would it eat him ,what all would it eat Thanks look forward to hearing from you..

Full Size Image

danj66 :

Hi again

danj66 :

Firstly, it will either lie in wait, or (more likely in this scenario) it will approach by floating passively attempting to get in range without being seen. It will then attack by grabbing onto the prey and locking his jaws. Once a crocodile has locked its jaw on a victim it's first method of killing the victim will be to drown it. However, for bigger prey it will frantically rotate in the water in an attempt to literally tear the meat apart. There is evidence of both methods being used to kill a human. With a crocodile as big as the one in Lake Placid it wouldn't need to tear the prey apart, however it could still choose to.

danj66 :

As for the material, the crocodile wouldn't be able to digest any of the clothing, some of which might get caught in his teeth.

danj66 :

Hope this helps.

Customer:

Wow thanks for the great information .I could imagine the life preserver getting torn up and possible caught in the cocodiles teeth.1) Could the crocodile eat and swallow the area in the swimtrunks hole ,2)Once it had swallowed the area in the tight swim trunks what would it be able to digest of that part of the meal .3)How long it take to digest the meal in the trunks.4) If the Crocodile was killed and opened up 24 to 36 hours after feeding what would be found inside it . Many thanks for your fabulous answers .

danj66 :

Hi, sorry for the lateness of the reply. I haven't been around the computer this weekend. Give me a few minutes and I'll reply to your questions.

danj66 :

1) There is no reason why it couldn't eat the area of the swimming trunks whole.

danj66 :

2) It would digest everything including the bone. However, the swimming trunks would not be digestible.

danj66 :

3) How long depends on the size of the meal, therefore how much of him the crocodile ate would have an affect. Crocodiles do digest meat around 10times faster than Humans however. Either way it wouldn't take the crocodile long at all.

danj66 :

4) 24-36 hours later, again it depends how much of the mean the crocodile eats. However, it would likely be the boniest bits of the male, such as arms and legs, if anything at all was left.

danj66 :

Hope this helps

Customer:

Wow once more thanks for the great answer , If the crocodiel was taking a short cut across some land to get to another part of the lake and it did a poo once it had finished digesting the guy, what would any expert find in the poo if they examined it .Many thanks once again for your great answers.

danj66 :

The expert would find the usual digested faeces. There would be the trunks and any other material the male was wearing. There may also be slithers of bone.

Customer:

thenka for the great answers.