Rev Dr August Abbott
Rev Dr August Abbott, Adult Etiquette Pro
Experience:  40 yrs: Etiquette teacher,Formal event officiate, announcement author
1604863

How to end a reply email to confirm you will attend an interview? There

How to end a reply email to confirm you will attend an interview?
There are 2 people on the panel, one has emailed me to confirm the interview date and she has confirmed the name of the 2nd person who will also be on the panel. I am ending my email with 'I very much look forward to meeting you and X'
What is the correct grammar?
1. 'I very much look forward to meeting you and John'
2. 'I very much look forward to meeting John and yourself'
3. 'I very much look forward to meeting John and you'
4. 'I very much look forward to meeting you both'
5. Or something else?
Category: Etiquette
Expert:  Rev Dr August Abbott replied 2 years ago.
You are correct in #1. You would address the person who is addressing you, first. So, "I very much look forward to meeting with you and John" is correct, as would be "I look forward to meeting with you and John very much, thank you for arranging this"
Experience: 40 yrs: Etiquette teacher,Formal event officiate, announcement author