Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My parents live in Cyprus. From 2007 til 2009, when my nan

Customer Question

My parents live in Cyprus. From 2007 til 2009, when my nan was alive, she had a carer as my dad has been disabled due to stroke and my mum was struggling to care for both my dad and nan. When my nan passed away in 2009, my mum was informed that the carer was able to remain to assist my dad. Until 2011, the government assisted with the costs/carer. From 2011 my mum didnt get help and paid for the carer using her own funds. The government are now insisting that my mum should have listed some land she was left from my nan, and that she is to pay them back £14,000??? Any suggestions or how/what my parents could do to battle this unfairness??? my dad has been receiving disablity and is now a pensioner. I dont understand why they are asking for such money???? Is the government just trying to milk anybody these days due to the state they are in??

Demi
Category: European Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Why was the land not declared?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my parents werent informed to do so

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

My parents werent informed to do so

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.

Was this a claim in the UK or in Cyprus?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

My mum and dad live in Cyprus, thus the claim is in Cyprus. I am just trying to give my mum a bit of advice, as she is rather distressed.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
I'll move this to our EU law section for you.

You have posted in the UK law section,.

I don't know whether we have any Cypriot specialists but I will certainly try.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOM01972

Thank you so much for your time

Much appreciated.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I did pay to hopefully receive an an answer, so I would be so thankful if you could try and find the right professional to answer me. Thank you for taking time to read my replies, and I shall await your answer with anticipation.

Demi

Hello Demi,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

Its Okay,

I will try to find an alternative method, so I am happy to close the question.

Demi