Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

my mobile phone runs out next June year and to cancel the contract

Customer Question

my mobile phone runs out next June year and to cancel the contract I have to pay
for the termination of the contract is this correct as I wish to cancel next month
Category: European Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Could I also please check that your question is specifically European law? Are you in the UK? If so I may be able to recategorise your question to make it more likely to find an answer.

Expert:  Thegonnec replied 4 years ago.
According to Loi Chatel, if you have subscribed your mobile service more than 12 months ago, you are only liable to pay 25% of the sums due until the initial end of the contract.
For example, if you subscribed on June 1st, 2012 for 24 months. If you cancel after June 1st, 2013, you will owe your operator 25% of the sums due until May 31st, 2014. If you cancel before June 1st, 2013 you will owe 100% of those sums...