Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

How binding is an engagement for an englishman to marry a Turkish

Customer Question

How binding is an engagement for an englishman to marry a Turkish girl. Does it involve signing a LEGAL DOCUMENT with all the obligations that it might imply?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Jomo1972. Cant you ring or skype me? If my son agrees to get engaged to a Turkish girl in Turkey is there a legal restriction if either changes their mind. And could she claim half his money and demand he looks after her sick mother or whatever if it is HE who changes his mind. Does the enggement involve signing any LEGALLY binding agreement prior to a marriage maybe a year in the future?

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 4 years ago.
I will move this to our international law section for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cancel Cancel all my queries and Bank details. Confirm to my [email protected] Thanks.