How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thegonnec Your Own Question
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Category: European Law
Satisfied Customers: 1412
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
Type Your European Law Question Here...
Thegonnec is online now

My husband has just returned from the gym having had an accident

Resolved Question:

My husband has just returned from the gym having had an accident on one of the machines. Apparently one of the chains on a pulley was faulty and snapped. My husband was hit in the face with the bar he was pulling as the resistance gave way. He has a photograph of the faulty part and the injury on his lip. Fortunately his nose wasn't broken and apart from an initial blackout and loss of blood from a resultant nose bleed he seems o.k.

How should we proceed with this incident, please. What should we expect in terms of compensation from the gym?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: European Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
To claim compensation, you need to estimate the damages suffered and document this estimation (hours of work lost, damaged garments, pretium doloris,...)
Then you need to make a claim against the gym and its insurers. Send them a recorded delivery letter outlining the above. If need be, consult a solicitor.
Thegonnec and other European Law Specialists are ready to help you