Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My husband has just returned from the gym having had an accident

My husband has just returned from the gym having had an accident on one of the machines. Apparently one of the chains on a pulley was faulty and snapped. My husband was hit in the face with the bar he was pulling as the resistance gave way. He has a photograph of the faulty part and the injury on his lip. Fortunately his nose wasn't broken and apart from an initial blackout and loss of blood from a resultant nose bleed he seems o.k.

How should we proceed with this incident, please. What should we expect in terms of compensation from the gym?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 3 years ago.
To claim compensation, you need to estimate the damages suffered and document this estimation (hours of work lost, damaged garments, pretium doloris,...)
Then you need to make a claim against the gym and its insurers. Send them a recorded delivery letter outlining the above. If need be, consult a solicitor.