Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

hi I was on holiday last week two weeks in malta I got caught

Customer Question

hi I was on holiday last week two weeks in malta I got caught by a timeshare scratchcard scam told I had won a free holiday was driven to a big flash five star hotel and given a presentation I stupidly signed up but was told I had a 14 day cooling off period but was also told to get the outlined offer I would have to purchase a weeks accommodation at the resort for £950. I paid this and about 10 minutes later I was given an envelope containing the holiday. All throughout the presentation I was not told that the £950 was non refundable until I went back less than 24 hours later to exert my right to withdraw from the timeshare, but when I asked for my money back I was told it was non refundable. Where do I stand on getting my money back as I believe I was totally misled into paying this money.
Category: European Law
Expert:  TizDePas replied 3 years ago.
Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

Would you please tell me which is your nationality?

I look forward to your response.

Best,

Tiziana