Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

My mother who had property in Germany has just died without

Customer Question

My mother who had property in Germany has just died without leaving a german will. She was joint owner with her sister, does this mean that the german law will dictate that the property passes over to her sister and not her husband?

The house was my mother's family home but she bought all of her sisters out.  However, with the one remaining sister, the solicitor transferred fees to my Aunt's account before receiving her signed agreement to transfer title of the property.  When my mother learned of this, she tried to get my aunt to sign the papers but as she has Alzeimers, she is not legally fit to sign the documents and her son refuses to take full power of attorney.

Unfortunately my mother has now died without leaving a German will and we fear that her beloved house will be lost.

Hope you can help.

Vanessa

Category: European Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

This is taking too long and I have now consulted a solicitor in German. Can you please arrange to have my money refunded to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Vanessa