Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

I live in France. I was born in Scotland but spent all my adult

I live in France. I was born in Scotland but spent all my adult life in England before coming here.When the new inheritance laws come onto effect, can I ask for Ennglish law to apply to my will? have an estranged sone to whom I wish to leave little or nothing
Category: European Law
Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Yes by the end of 2015, you will be able to do just this. Yet you will have to contact a notaire to ensure this is done properly and write a will under English law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am glad to hear that. I was unsure about the difference between place of birth and country of closest association. Would I have to give proof that I had lived in England during ly adult life?

Expert:  Thegonnec replied 2 years ago.
Yes you would and you would also have to prove than you still have strong ties with England (relatives, economic interests, assets)