Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Industrial Tribunal Judge
Experience:  11 years experience as a judge with Paris Industrial Tribunal
46873171

I bought a new Nissan Pulsar for €19,500 two months ago.

Customer Question

I bought a new Nissan Pulsar for €19,500 two months ago. After about a month, I was driving and the traction control took over for no reasonable reason and had to stop the car. After about ten minutes it cleared and I could drive the car again. I reported my car to Nissan and the did a computer update and gave me the car back. Then after two days the car stopped again for no justifiable reason. Was driving in traffic, using 2nd and 3rd gear. Again leave ten minutes and the car starts again. Here I did not report it to Nissan, thought it was nothing to worry. Unfortunately this happened again a fortnight later, was driving again in traffic at low speed and the car stopped. The dashboard was showing I should press the start/stop button but when I do this, the car won't start. Again leave ten minutes and the car starts again. I went to Nissan, they changed the Lampda sensor as they found it faulty but this does not explain why the engine was stalling. They said they could not find any explanation why the car was doing this and they asked my permission to use the car even after garage hours, with the hope they trigger the same environment and understand better what is happening. This time I was given a car (though not in excellent conditions for my perusal) I would like to know what are my rights, can I refuse the car, ask for money back, I paid in cash. Thanks for your help.

Category: European Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
May I ask which country you are in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Malta

Gaetana

Hello Gaetana,
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Malta, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a reply....you just want to fork out more money. I'm sorry I paid you......where you cannot offer a service you should not charge. just for the note Malta is part of Europe and European laws apply.

It will not cost you more money to try a researcher.
However, as our terms and conditions say, your question deposit is fully refundable on request if you are not satisfied.
Malta may be part of Europe but it will still have its own laws that will need to be taken into account, and I'm afraid we do not have any Experts in Maltese law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So please refund me with the money paid. Thank you.

Gaetana