JoseMagadan
JoseMagadan, Attorney
Experience:  Spanish attorney working with Justanswer since 2010
54639574

I have a county court judgment aginst a Iberia for lost

Customer Question

HiI have a county court judgment aginst a Iberia for lost baggage. They didn't defend themselves and are ordered to pay £1460 to me by they 6th June 2017 (i received a copy of the letter myself on the 6th June!? - Is that a mistake?). There has been no payment to me so far.Do i now pay civil enforcement officers (or bailiffs?). How does that work? I read somewhere that companies can't have their assets seized, so what happens in this case. Especially seeing as this is dealing with a company in Spain (through the county court in Barnet)?
Category: European Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can wait. Should i re-phrase?
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have used good experts here before. Should i be going back to them instead? I always thought the people who were available at any one time would answer
Expert:  JoseMagadan replied 13 days ago.

Hi. José M spanish atorney. If you have the writting which forces Iberia to pay and they do not do it you will have to start a civil enforcement against them. Nada another way to force them to pay you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jose,Thanks.."Nada"?Is that usual for such a big company? Surely Iberia would just pay me and not wait for bailiffs?

I suppose they will pay you as soon as they recibe your certificated mail because they will have to pay later on sooner and if you sue them at court they will have to pay the expenses

So, send them the certificated mail and wait an answer to decide next step

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The court has already sent them a letter i would guess? The same one they sent me on the 6th June that says they must pay me by the 6th June (same day!)? I am guessing i do not have to do anyhing further with regards ***** ***** them another letter? I have never got this far in a UK or European claim!They didn't respond to my court proceedings so i 'won' by defaultr right? I didn't know there would be further court action ("Sue")? Is that correct?

Well, may be they have, and as soon as they get your letter they will pay.

That it is because the best way for you its to send them a certificate letter and let them know you will demand them at court if they do not pay

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How do you demand them at court? I thought it would be bailiffs? Do you have a link perhaps?

You can no manage the legal procedure by yourself further them send them the letter. After that you will need an atorney. I coould send you and offer to deal with them if you want

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jose,I am confused though. Shall i send you the letter i have been sent as an attachment?

For sure if you want professional assitance you will be doing it right

I will send you and offer as it is the rule of this site to get my data and I will help you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jose,Thank you, ***** ***** don't wish to pay any more. I am just trying to help you/me make sense of this situation. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but what you are saying doesnt seem to be correct. If i send an attachment i think things will be a lot clearer. Or at least i will be more confident that what you are saying is correct.

I follow the rules of this site. Thank you

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don't believe you have answered my original question. Just offered something whch doesn't appear correct, then ask for me to pay you for legal assistance.

I am sorry, I left your question.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok, well maybe i'm wrong, but it doesn't appear you have helped me. Please can you make this question available to other experts