Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

i have had a detached retina repair operation , as a result

Customer Question

i have had a detached retina repair operation , as a result of an overdose cocktail .it was very well repaired,, but then i took one more overdose which has altered my sight in that eye,, can this be repaired ? it was operated on 24.12.2212,
i have waited till now as i thought it would improve , but it has not.. taking overdoses is in the past 4 me
as i had many problem that i could not cope with, but now i would like to gain my sight back is it possible.
my other eye if fine
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will wait

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will wait

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will wait

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello from JA
Have you had a diagnosis from exam of the current situation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had a gas bubble fitted in the operation, my sight was back to normal, but then I look one more overdose , after which my sight in that eye is affected, I have waited to see if if would improve but it has not, No I have not had a further appointment since I was seen after the opp I was told it could be 6 months to improve ,but that was befor i had taken the further overdose,
should I be able to have a further operation to correct the problem I have made now or is it to late to do that?
Let me get this straight
you are still recovering from the operation.
You don't know if you have recovered fully yet as it has not been six months.

You have not gotten any worse, just not better yet

Is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I am not better as i said befor, after the first operation I took one more overdose which affected my eye sight in that eye ....will I be able to have it operated on a second time to repair my sight in that eye ...that's what I want to know
As the first operation with the gas bubble repaired my sight , I now have sight problem as result of the second overdose
OK
that can not be answered without examination.
IT depends on
A. How much damage.
B. How long and how much continued damage to sight.
Best guess, you are going to have some deficit, but there might be some sight regained.

You must see the doctor that did the surgery, immediately.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.