DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Was at the opticians today... He said he saw something at the

Customer Question

Was at the opticians today... He said he saw something at the back of my right eye, said it fairly commom, dont remember what he called it .... like a dot... Dont have any problems with that eye...Had contact lenses since i was 12 and im long sighted.. Worried, said he has to see if its benign...No dizziness, no double vision, passed the glycoma test and the periphoral vision 100% ...Said to make an appointment next week...
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

There are a number of things that can cause a dot.
Sometimes it is simply a small old scar from a fungus called histoplasmosis, which does not cause harm.

Diabetes and hypertension are the prime things to rule out.

This is not cancer if that is what you are thinking.

It does not sound ominous at this point, but I would see an MD/opthalmologist, not really on an optician. They don't have the training to differentiate this situation.

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.