DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

my daughter, 48yrs,she drives,in an office 6 Hrs. /day on

Customer Question

my daughter, 48yrs,she drives,in an office 6 Hrs. /day on a computer and likes to read, she
ends up with3 paires of specs. she is one of the 7% with difficulty of either specs or
contact lenses not effective. I am trying to arrange a consultation with the best
surgeon to assist and advise action for this condition.
how do you suggest I move foreward?
what advice would you give your daughter?
Category: Eye
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine and I can help you with this and any follow up questions. I cover a lot of ground and might give you an answer or ask for information, but use reply to communicate with me for questions or added details.

First of all I would not suggest surgery.

This sounds as if the refractive assessment has not been done correctly, OR, she is involved in behavioral optics, in which they try to push the eyes to work.

It sounds like they simply can not get a good prescription for her.

So

This is often the result of many incorrect prescriptions over time.

And that can often be corrected.

Before I let her near a surgeon, I would get a practitioner recommendation from this group.
Contact them
Look at their site carefully.

http://www.babo.co.uk/

OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.

Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.