Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I have had a squint in my right eye since birth, I have har

Customer Question

I have had a squint in my right eye since birth, I have har surgery and botox to correct this. The last time I had botox it over corrected the squint and I also had double vision which mad my vision hazy. I have got an appointment in a few days for the injection but I am unsure if I should have it done or not? If I dont attend they will discharge me fr9m the service. I am the kind of person who will regret doing this. Would be gratedul for this advice.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Dan B. :

Hello and thanks for your question. It sounds like you've had multiple botox injections prior. Has this overcorrection happened before?

Dr. Dan B. :

As to whether you should get the botox again, being worried that you may be overcorrected again, I have to say that it is certainly a possibility. It's very difficult to titrate the correct amount of botox to get the muscle paralyzed just enough to correct the squint but not more. I would say that if you feel like you're willing to tolerate another possible overcorrection to temporize your squint for the time being, that it is okay to go ahead and get the injection again. However, you may consider getting a second opinion from another ophthalmologist and consider having surgery again if that is what is needed to correct the squint on a more long-term basis. Does this make sense?

Dr. Dan B. :

Do you have any other concerns or questions about this topic?

It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns.

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!