Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I HAD A HIT TO THE HEAD AND MY OPTIC NERVE IS DAMAGED I HAVE

Customer Question

I HAD A HIT TO THE HEAD AND MY OPTIC NERVE IS DAMAGED I HAVE BLURRED VISION CAN IT BE OPERATED ON AND RESTORE MY VISION I LIVE IN AUSTRALIA THEY SAID NO BUT OF TO GERMANY DO THEY HAVE THE DOCTORS OVER THERE THAT CAN HELP
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
No
If the nerve is damaged, some function might come back on its own over a year or more, but any permanent damage can not be reversed.....

I am not sure why you think there is an operation for this?