Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

At 5.00am i was awake when I suddenly experienced this large

Customer Question

At 5.00am i was awake when I suddenly experienced this large bright patch which I initially thought was a migraine & therefore took my tablets. However the large patch did not alter & I then realised that this wasn't a migraine ( no headache). About 30years ago I experienced something similar & was told that it was a retinal haem. Had no treatment but have always had a "blind spot" which I have learned to live with. Can you put my mind at rest about this incident ? which hopefully will resolve itself. Mant thanks.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
This is Dr. David

do you mean you had a retinal hemorrhage?

have you had an eye exam to have an opthalmologist to look at the retinal to look for retinal hemorrhage?

a retinal hemorrhage can cause a blind spot.

you might need a brain MRI scan to look for small evidence of strokes or other issues which could cause this bright patch visual change
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanx for reply but have been to see my optician whilst waiting for yr response. The problem I had appears to have now rectified itself . The optician seems to think it was a form of migraine!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 3 years ago.
I see.

are you going to see a neurologist and try migraine medications?