Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

my daughter just got deodorant sprayed in her eye at school

Customer Question

my daughter just got deodorant sprayed in her eye at school by accident. It is stinging. School has given emergency eye wash. Is that enough?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Dan B. : Hello and thanks for your question. The emergency wash is the most important thing to do immediately. If it is still bothering her, I would recommend to wash out again so I washed you can purchase a local drugstore. If it continues to bother her I would recommend using artificial tears 3 to 4 times per day. If after 48 hours of this she still having issues, I would recommend she see her eye doctor. Does that make sense?
Dr. Dan B. : Does this make sense? Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this? It appears as though you are not in the chat room currently. I am happy to be able to help you today. If you need any clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns as you voice them. If your concerns have been resolved...Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied. My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor. Thanks for your inquiry!