Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

I have an issue with my right Eye , white part is full red

I have an issue with my right Eye , white part is full red , I feel not got and I have pain , not that much , at the same time I have flue , I feel Heartburn , Also I have pain in the other eye , the red became more dark then yesterday
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
Redness with discomfort in both eyes is most likely to be due to viral conjunctivitis. It is self limiting and subsides within 7 to 10 days. You can put OTC lubricating eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day. It helps to soothe the eye. Watch out for copious mucoid or mucopurulent discharge from the eyes which are suggestive of bacterial infection. This would require the use of antibiotic eye drops. Conjunctivitis is associated with discomfort but not pain. If the symptoms do not dubside or worsen even after use of lubricating eye drops for a week, then it is better to consult an ophthalmologist for a closer look and start of antibiotic eye drops. You can give cool compresses to the eyes.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Today I feel Better but the flue doesn't leave , I have it for more than 15 days and I feel my throat going to be like rock , at the same time I have headache all the time , I will take refresh tears eye drops , can you provide me with the exact name or desc. of the drops ?

Hello Shwan,
It is good to know that you are feeling better today. Viral fever or flu is self limiting and the natural course is usually of 1 to 2 weeks. If the flu like symptoms continue for more tha 3 weeks then you must consult your physician for further evaluation. Refresh tears is the trade name of the lubricating drops available OTC. It contains 0.5% carboxymethylcellulose, to used in the fose of 1 drop 4 times a day.
The heart burn and feeling of being unwell could be due to gastritis (acidity). Antacids can help . Avoid oily fried food and try to switch to a more bland diet (boiled or baked). Drink plenty of water and add fibre rich food (green leafy) daily.