Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

The whites of my eyes have patches of yellowing that is slightly

Customer Question

The whites of my eyes have patches of yellowing that is slightly raised. It's not causing any soreness or problems. Just abit unsightly. I'm nearly 40 and wonder if it just an ageing thing.
I had laser surgery about 6 years ago and everything with that was fine.
thanks
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
The yellow raised patches on the white part of the eye are likely to be Pinguecula. This is a kind of conjunctival degeneration. It is a benign condition and does not cause any problem to the eye. It does require any treatment and is very likely to be the same. Rarely it can get inflammed and require eye drops. It is however not related to disturbed sleep or any other health issue. There is nothing to worry aboit a Pinguecula.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.Thank you and best wishes.It was a pleasure to have answered this question.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Hello Sanae,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? I noticed that you have viewed the answer but not replied back or rated it. I look forward to your response.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
Thank you and best wishes.