Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

bee having trouble with my eyes I have been going

bee having trouble with my eyes for 18months I have been going hospital and have tried all the creams on my lids were the creases are they go scaby and are painful my optician said I need my eye bags removing why will my doctor not refer me
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting for an answer if you close the question do I receive my money back

Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
Your symptoms are suggestive of eyelid eczema/eyelid contact dermatitis. You have been given the right treatment at the hospital in the form of steroid creams. However it is not true that removal of eyebags would help. Since the cause of such a dermatitis is a kind of allergy, it is important to detect the root cause of the allergy rather than get the eyebags removed . Do not go by what the optician says as he is not trained to diagnose eye problems. Follow the instructions given by your doctor at the hospital where you have been going for the last 18 months.
Common causes for such an allergy are-
Dust mites
Cosmetics
Contact lens solution
Spectacle frame
Soaps/detergents
False eyelashes
Hair dye, etc
If your problem persists then you can ask for referral to a dermatologist who can work up in detail to detect the allergen and give treatment accordingly. In the meanwhile you can do a few simple modifications such as change your soap to a mild one, use moisturizer frequently, apply the steroid cream locally.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Experts are available for advice in modes other than chat and Q&A such as confidential mail/chat, Phone, Skype also. You can avail these with additional offer.
Experience: MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.