Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My Left eye has had a stroke and lead to bleedingat the back

Customer Question

My Left eye has had a stroke and lead to bleedingat the back of the eye,also has damaged/the retina I cannot see definition,only can see a bit of light.Is there any treatment that I could help see better.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Dan B. :

Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, there are injections that can be placed into the eye that can help stop the bleeding and hopefully help the swelling recede. One of these medicines is called Lucentis. The other one is called Avastin. There is a newer version out called Eyelea. These all work the same way. Your retinal specialist should know how to use these. Does this make sense?

Dr. Dan B. :

Does this information help address your concerns? Do you have any other questions about this?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. If you would like to ask further questions or clarification regarding anything I've said, please let me know and I will be happy to address your concerns when I return to see if you've responded. If your concerns have been resolved...

Your feedback is important to me and will help me improve my encounter with future customers. Please rate your encounter with me by providing positive feedback (by pressing the smiley face); any bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. If you feel like your concerns are not resolved or you have a problem or issue with anything I have said or haven’t said, please don’t issue a negative feedback rating—My goal is your satisfaction and I would rather work together to solve your concerns, until you are satisfied, than have you leave our encounter unhappy and unsatisfied.