Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

My son age 8 when he is at school or lying in bed of objects

Customer Question

My son age 8 when he is at school or lying in bed of objects moving away from him. He has complained about this since he was 6 and i took him to the eye doctors who said all was well ( he was also born with one pupil slightly smaller than the other and slight eyelid droop on same eye). He also says what he says stretches and for first time today said he had double vision for a moment while at school.. he is fine now. Please help.

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am to assume that a general ophthalmologist has examined your son's eyes. However it is better to get his eyes examined by a pediatric ophthalmologist and squint specialist. His symptoms of objects moving away from him and the recent episode of double vision might have occurred due to eye muscle imbalance. Convergence insufficiency (CI) can cause similar symptoms and can be treated with simple eye muscle exercises. However confirmation of the diagnosis is essential by the concerned specialist.
Slight difference in between the two pupils is acceptable and is called physiological anisocoria. But its association with a slight droop in the eyelid ( mild ptosis) must be evaluated for Horner's syndrome. It is a neurological condition in which the sympathetic nerve supply is affected ( especially by neck lesions such as neck trauma). It can even be present since birth but gets noticed later in life. It makes sense to get the above evaluated .
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist